More Tolkien: "The Road Goes Ever On and On"

My mother (!) (always found the growing number of followers of this blog suspicious, hello mum and friends, e.'s son is bonkers!  you were right!) complains about the lack of Tolkien in this blog.


Therefore (and since it is a long time ago that I learned not to disagree with my mother) (if she can have written -or e-written- evidence of it):


The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say
 
 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring







(I Have to include a translation, otherwise she complains that I only write in English)


"El Camino sigue y sigue
desde la puerta.
El camino ha ido muy lejos,
y si es posible he de seguirlo
recorriéndolo con pie decidido
hasta llegar a un camino más ancho
donde se encuentran senderos y cursos.
¿Y de ahí adónde iré? No podría decirlo
.
"

Comments